Newstead Hair has been operating for over 65 years. Julia Ralph has been director and owner of the salon since 2006 and has developed the salon into an industry leader offering a contemporary and unique experience for all it's clients.
Newstead Hair is committed to offering experienced and creative stylists to ensure our valued clients receive a premium salon experience.
With a strong focus on education our passionate, award winning team are recognised nationally for their involvement and contribution to the industry by styling for the hit TV series The Voice Australia, Project Runway Australia, Mercedes-Benz Australian Fashion Week, London Fashion Week and Sydney Hair Expo.
Relax and enjoy the comforts of our massage beds, iPads, wifi connection and choose from our drinks menu to enjoy your favourite latte, cappuccino, herbal tea, and Tasmanian beer and wine, complete with our signature home made melting moments!
Cutting -Advanced cutting skills and expert styling to give you a look that you can re-create yourself at home.
Colour - Including innovative foiling techniques and balyaging.
Permanent colour, Semi-permanent colour and plus the option of our ammonia free colour system Nectaya.
Hair extensions - Choose from our "Amazing Hair" tape in extensions or bonded extensions.
Special occasion styling - Weddings (Both in salon and on location)
Make up - (Both in salon and on location)
Perming and Chemical straightening.
Keratin silkening treatments.
Newstead Hair only use the highest quality products, this is why we choose:
- IHS Tasmanian Salon Of The Year 5 Years Running.
- IHS Tasmanian Senior Stylist Of The Year 2010, 2011- Taylee McGee
- IHS Tasmanian Senior Stylist Of The Year 2008- Lucy Baker
- IHS Tasmanian Senior Stylist Of The Year 2005, 2006- Priscilla Hume
- IHS Tasmanian Junior Stylist Of The Year 2009, 2010- Laura Mitchell
- Hair Expo National Apprentice Champion 2007- Lucy Baker
- Hair Expo National Apprentice Champion 2008- Taylee McGee
- State Winner Of The ECO Face of IHS Photographic Award- Julia Ralph.
- State Winner Of The ECO CHI Colour Challenge Photographic Award- Julia Ralph.
- Tasmanian Training Awards 2008 Small Business Of The Year.
- 2008 Telstra Business Women's Young Business Women's Finalist- Julia Ralph.
- 2008 Telstra Business Women's Business Owner Finalist- Julia Ralph.
- Color Zoom Creative Colourist National Finalist 2009- Julia Ralph.
- Business Excellence Awards 2009, Excellence In Marketing.
- Launceston Chamber Of Commerce Business Excellence Awards 2010 Judges Inspiration Award.
- Color Zoom Global Creative Colourist National Finalist 2010- Taylee McGee
- 2010 Telstra Business Women's Business Innovation National Finalist- Julia Ralph.
- 2012 Telstra Business Women's Young Business Women's State Winner- Julia Ralph.
- 2012 Telstra Business Women's Business Owner State Finalist- Julia Ralph.
- Community Achievement Awards Business Enterprise Award 2012 Winner- Julia Ralph.
- Telstra Australian Business Awards Finalist 2013- Julia Ralph.
- Color Zoom Creative Colourist National Finalist 2014- Laura Mitchell.